After the lack of blogging the last month or so, I ask Can I really get back in this? I am gonna try, I sorta need this outlet these days! I have just finished the longest 5 weeks of school so far. But I have the feeling its going to get worse before it gets better, all I gotta think is I will be done with my bachelor's degree in December!!!
Addison has made a huge accomplishment this week. Every morning we get to preschool and line up out front in the lobby. After we sign the kids in, they walk to their classroom. Well up until last week Addie always wanted me to walk down with her, which is fine, but I knew she could do it. So last monday she out of the blue made the decision to walk down to her room without me!!! She did it all week long, and then again today!! We celebrated on Friday by renting The Princess and the Frog and had happy meals! I love encouraging independence to the girls and this was a big accomplishment for Addison since she's always been the shy type (when she doesn't know you) and the type to want me next to her at all times. I am so proud of her, its hard to believe she will be 4 in June.
Alivia is thriving in school as usual and I am very nervous about next year for kindergarten, the district we currently live in only has half day kindergarten. Its not gonna be enough for her, she needs more of a challenge, I know she hasn't gotten enough of that this year. Nothing can compare to what she learned or how she thrived at Ms Normas in Corpus Christi. She definately has been picking up some major mouthiness from school, something Jas and I will not allow. We have been reminding her how to speak respectfully to others.
Since monday is usually our weekend update post, we went to St Louis on Saturday afternoon and stayed in hotel, did some swimming with the girls and just relaxed as a family. I keep hearing comments from people we know that we are always gone. Yea we kinda are, but why waste a minute of time when we can be spending time making memories and exposing the girls to new experiences? Not many kids my girls' ages have traveled all over the US, been to Disney 2 times, been on airplanes several times, etc... I think its a great thing, as and long as we can afford to do it, why not!
Jas has been very busy at work, so we haven't seen much of him lately. He's currently away on some business that hopefully will bring some new and good things for him!
~Brats for Babies- March of Dimes Fundraiser~!
16 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment