Today's topic was chosen by Beth, I don't know how to do the link to her blog. We are to list our favorite quotes and song lyrics and if they have any meaning behind them.
Favorites Quotes:
"In order for God to take you to another place, He must first move you from where you are, the move often seems like a disaster, but its only the creaking and groaning of a reluctant door."
This quote I first found back in our Wheatland, IA days when we were miserable raising pigs and wanted a change, at that same time Jas was debating leaving the family business and moving us, I posted this on the fridge and in his truck, sort of to give him the strength he needed to make a decision. That decision was the best one for our family. I now use this quote every single time we get a call for a relocation, cause often the move does seem like a disaster and we question, Is this worth it.
"Don't make someone a priority who's only making you an option"
This quote came along to late for me. So many friends and even my own family have hurt me over the years when they never put the effort into our relationships. I was always the give, give, give person who would drive all over the state to see everyone, when they could never do the same. Some people had better plans, better friends, more important things to do. A few years ago, I started living by this quote, I will not make people a priority than are only treating me and my girls as an option. Too much hurt and anger comes from it.
Since blogger is being a pain I am gonna end this here, I could go forever on quotes but its not allowing me to paste them in, and I'm not gonna retype all of them!


1 comments:
sorry blogger was being a pain! But I am like you... could go on forever with quotes! ;-)
Post a Comment