Since we live so far away from our own families, we tend to make our friends here our family, they are the ones that spend so much time with us, who are there when we need them, who we doing anything for. For this very reason, I take my friendships very seriously. I give my all, put in lots of effort, but on the same hand I don't put up with people's crap. That lovely quote "don't make those a priority who are only making you an option" I've used it more times I can count when it comes to certain family members, and I think it applies to friendships also. We've had an amazing last 3 months back in South Texas, had a lot of great times with all of our friends, but maybe the "excitement" has worn off for a couple of friends. Friends should be your friends not only when its convienient but always. I am one busy chic, yet I always find the time to make sure my friends know I am thinking about them, do anything they need me for, etc.... And I should be making a stand to say I'm not putting effort into relationships I feel like I am not benefiting from, but alas I can't do that, I have too big of a heart. Some of our friends that we knew from the first time we lived in Texas have changed, some for the good and some for the bad. I suppose I should be thankful for the good friends we do have and say screw you to the ones who don't appreciate us.
Guess there's no real point to this, other than I love my friends, love the memories we make together, our beach weekends where we spend hours laughing, playing football and watching all our kids making memories together. I love our nights out, our impromptu drinks after work, I love it all! I will continue to be thankful for the great friends I DO have, and forget the rest! Happy Tuesday!
~Brats for Babies- March of Dimes Fundraiser~!
16 years ago


3 comments:
Good out look, Brit! And yes, they do change in even a short time...we've noticed that too.
:( Well, this friend is sorry she let you down in the past and grateful that you are nice enough to look past imperfections and know that our friendship runs deeper than drama. Sorry your local friends arent the same, but just remember that people come into our lives for reasons we may not know, and they leave our lives for reasons we may never understand. Eric and I are proud to call you guys friends, britt.
Love you girl and am so jealous of your weekends at the beach! Wish we were there to make memories with you. . I know the girls would have fun together!!!
Post a Comment