We've been very busy here in south Texas!
Finally, yes finally, the girl I was replacing at work was let go. That was a relief and a nerve wracking situation all at the same time. I wasn't learning the job while she was still there, but now I'm thrown to the sharks to learn everything on my own meanwhile keeping projects on schedule and dealing with customer's whom I know nothing about. But...I am proud to say I am the Operations Manager for Palm Harbor Homes here in Corpus!
I registered Alivia for school today and got her signed up for Latchkey which is an awesome after school program where they do arts and crafts, drama, music, free play and even some team sports with other kids. I know she will love it. It was so strange walking into that high school today to register my first born for school. As I stood there, I thought back to the day she was born and really can't believe these (almost) 6 years have gone by so fast. It sort of put life into perspective for me again. I tend to be so occupied at night when we get home with housework, supper, laundry and getting things ready for the next day, I don't often get "quality" time with the girls. However, tonight I put all that other stuff aside and just fed the kids and bathed them, then we layed in bed and read books till bedtime.
We have purchased all of her school supplies which was maybe one of the most fun days I've had with her so far! She ran up and down the aisles and was screaming out "mom I need this, is this on my list mom" And of course miss Addie was feeling a little leftout, so she got to pick out some new things also.
Its been so hot here, and poor jas is still dealing with harvest, which we are hoping will be over in about a week or so. I am finishing another class this weekend, so that leaves the countdown to 6, 6 classes until I have my bachelor's degree. It seems like its been forever, and I've hated almost every day of it. But its almost DONE!
Anyway, its 10pm, and I still have to get stuff ready for tomorrow, iron some pants, and take a shower since i've spent the last 2 hours working on a paper. The dishes and laundry will be neglected until tomorrow.
~Brats for Babies- March of Dimes Fundraiser~!
16 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment