After a rather comical experience at the Owensboro, KY airport including filing out an envelope to pay for parking, the ticket counter dude WRITING down our credit card number to pay for our checked baggage and it being the size of a McDonalds, (no exaggeration), we were off to Florida!!!! I "met" Kathleen online about 4 1/2 years ago on a mommy message board, before Addison was born. Over the years we knew we'd be good friends since we are both very opinionated, tell it like it is people. I read about, chatted about and waited through their infertility issues and the adoption of miss Whitney! I cried the night I watched the video of them bringing Whitney home from the hospital and the whole story of the miracle on her blog. When we went to Orlando in August we decided to have dinner!! We all hit it off so well, we promised then that we'd be back!!! They were so gracious to invite us to stay at their house and invade their lives for 5 wonderful days!
Here is me and Kathleen and Bailey dog too=) (does this look like Oscar a little? A human like dog)
Jas and Eric were able to steal the laptops (and Bailey) from us for a bit! SOOOO glad they got along as well as Kat and I do!!

Addison was SOOO in love with Whitney, calls Whit her best friend and all wants us to move in together=)

Here's the three girls in their tutu's (whit so graciously shared a couple of her 20 with the girls)

We were so very lucky to be able to visit Disney AGAIN!!!! Kathleen and Eric have a great friend who works at Disney that was able to score us some tickets for one day park hopper! So we did Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios!! It was also the nicest day of the week, highs in the mid 60's and sun!!!

We happened to call another one of our message board mommies Alison and her little boy Charlie (who live near Tampa) to meet us at the parks for the day!! Here's the kiddos all waiting for the "dream" parade to start

Here is me and my girls, Kathleen and Whitney, Alison and Charlie!! So glad to have met Alison and Charlie!

Girls loving Disney again!!

Of course we had to stop by and say hi to the MICK while we were there!

Charlie, Addison, and Alivia on the Mickey Bus heading to Magic Kingdom!

Whit's first AWAKE Playhouse Disney show, she LOVED it!!! And daddy Eric seemed pretty proud too!

The whole group minus Jas who took the pic

I was so glad they still had some of the Christmas stuff up, this is one memory of Disney at Christmas that I had from my childhood!

And Minnie of course, you can see how excited Addie was!!


At night we enjoyed some drinks and chilled out!!! Eric says we look like we need some cheetos=)

Addie's photography!

This looks like Addie just pushed Whitney over, but I promise that wasn't the case!

NEW SMYRNA BEACH
It was a balmy 42degrees at the beach that day, but we HAD to visit the beach!

Searching for seashells, one of the girls favorite things to do! We are diehard beach people if we were out in those temps!

Us four on the beach, some local took this for us when he said "I knew you were tourists, cause none of us would be out here today" =)

There is truely nothing better than a day at the beach, even when its cold!

This beach reminded us of Cocoa Beach, FL where we visited in August!

This is Lake Jesup, the highest alligator populated lake in all of Florida. They do airboat rides, but you wouldnt catch me dead on one of those things in a lake that's only about 5 foot deep and full of gators!!

Miss Whitney and Kathleen, Whit was dressed like a rockstar all week long with coordinating shoes and bows=)

The Girls at Lake Jesup standing next to a palm tree!

The only Alligator I'd let him take their picture with. Behind a cage is close enough for me.
Random Gator Facts:Longest Recorded length: 19ft 2 in.
Lifespan: 70-100 years (longer in captivity)
Running speed: 35mph (so don't think you're gonna outrun one of those suckers)

So since I'm all about trying new things and having new experiences, I had to order the "Monterrey Gator" sandwich, breaded gator with bacon and cheddar cheese. This sandwich was JINORMOUS!

The girls had to try it too, ate the whole darn appetizer basket!

Not sure that Liv could taste it since she was bathing it in ketchup!

Sitting on the "Gator"

Ms.Whit tells me, she's gonna try Gator next time we visit, once mommy stops feeding her that boring baby food=)

We had an early flight from Orlando- Sanford leaving at 7:35 am. We left eric and Kathleen's house about 5:45 am, got to the airport about six. Now flying with allegiant may have brought us cheap deals, but their service SUCKS!! They only allow online check in if you want to prepay for your seats, since there is NO way i will pay for seat assignments I didn't do that. We check the rental car in and lug 2 carseats, stroller, kids, and luggage only to see the line of 40 people checking in, (evidently everyone else thought the prepay seat assignments were B.S. too) so after 40 minutes of standing in line (they only had ONE lady at the desk) we were headed up to security, a super fun task with 2 children who are half asleep and still in jammies. ONE line of security is all that is open, ONE! By the time we got through security, it was 7:10, the plane had already started boarding, we knew we were okay since half of the people behind us were boarding our plane also. Finally up up and away, we were bummed to be leaving! Back on the ground in the huge airport of Owensboro, we were a little nervous as we got closer to the ground and noticed the runway looking like this, I said to Jas, there is no way this is gonna turn out well.

As you can see we are getting off the plane, and walking down a ramp to go into the airport, ground covered in snow and ice, rather comical and a wonderful 8 degrees.
So after getting inside there is the flood of 150 people trying to pick up their luggage from a 10 foot long conveyor belt(geesh), I decided i'll take the girls out to the car and get it warmed up. Got the door unlocked and as I tried to start the car realized the damn battery was dead!! Freaking wonderful right!?! So I call jas quick and say guess what????? I then found the closest person and asked them for a jump, now mind you its 8 degrees, my gloves are in the trunk (which can't be opened since the battery is dead), its snowing a bit and the girls are cold. Finally got it jumped after about 15 miunutes and we were ready for the 3 hour drive home. We made it back to the wonderful town of Terre Haute about 2:30 and immeadiately needed a nap! We are really missing our puppies, can't pick them up till tomorrow morning so I'll be dropping the girls off, going to tan, then picking them up. I'm hoping Oscar will be okay!
So after a wonderful week, with some amazing friends we are feeling pretty lucky today!! We have friends all over the country, but not many that would put up with us for a whole week straight!! We can't wait to plan the next trip, hopefully once its warmer they'll come visit us (wink, wink) Thanks to the BASS FAM!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment