Monday, January 18, 2010

Lazy Monday

Well its MLK JR. Day which meant no school for the girls, and Jas was luckily enough to have no work today either!! Even though we had somewhat of a relaxing weekend, we decided to extend it a day. After breakfast we laid in bed and watched cartoons with the girls till almost 11 am!

I am happy to say we have finally gotten the hallway upstairs painted!!! It has been driving me crazy since this summer, but didn't want to spend all our time working inside the house when we could be enjoying other things outside. So since it was a 3 day weekend we decided we had had enough and got it whipped out. Now onto finding something for the big wall as you walk up the stairs. I also got a couple 8x10 collages made so i'd like a couple floating frames to put in those.

I do need to share something that may not seem like a big deal to most but to me it is:

I bought a small palm tree in Texas that I had in a pot on our back patio, during a move with a moving company they do not move house plants. I was so heartbroken to leave Texas when we did that this palm tree sort of help me keep a link to South Texas and my love of the beach and place. So we loaded up the palm tree in the car and brought it with us to Indiana. All summer long it did wonderful, I had it on the front porch and it looked awesome. Now this winter it seems like its lacking something, its not water but I don't know what it is. I've moved it several times in attempts to get more sunlight on it. It doesn't look healthy at this point,I've given it some plant food in a last ditch effort for it to turn around. I will honestly be heartbroken if this palm dies, and I know that may sound extremely dumb, but I really can't explain it. Just like I can't explain the hole in my heart I fell everyday because I miss it so much, and its really not even just missing it, its yearning to be there again permanently. To smell the smell of the ocean, to feel the breeze, to see the landscape and enjoy so many days of sun, with the girls playing at the beach, where everything in the world seemed okay. AHHHHH!!!

Anyway, look for more updates this week, I am making a big effort to find 10 minutes at least to blog everyday!

0 comments: