A group of message board friends and I have decided to dedicate Tuesdays to a specific topic.
Today's topic is: What would you do with $50,000?
I guess there's a lot of things I'd like to do with it.
Responsible Brittani:
Put $15,000 onto my increasing student loans or onto the house.
Put $10,000 in each of the girls' savings accounts for college.
Put the remaining $15,000 into our own personal savings account.
Not so Responsible but OH SO FUN Brittani:
I would probably take the money and plan an awesome trip, first for Jas and I since we've never really done a vacation just the two of us. It would probably be somewhere tropical, one of those ultra expensive spa places on a deserted island or something. Then I would plan to take the girls on a trip, probably to somewhere like Austraila or Africa where they could see animals they've only seen in zoos (my girls love animals).
If we didn't take a trip, I'd use that money to purchase a winter condo down south (and in this market I probably could get pretty far with that). This way I could escape the nasty dreary depressing cold of the midwest during the worst months, (even though my dream would be to live there all the time).
Some people may want to buy "stuff", whether that's new cars, clothes, electronics (which is probably what Jas would spend his on), but I'd rather buy experiences, if that makes sense. So I guess when it comes down to it, I 'd have to make the decision whether to be boring and responsible=) or fun and full of experience! Hmmm... guess there's a thought to ponder.
~Brats for Babies- March of Dimes Fundraiser~!
16 years ago


2 comments:
Testing :)
I say go for the fun Brittani. The way I look at it is that that debt would be there if you didn't win the money. I say enjoy the money as if you never even had it. Memories are worth it!!!
Post a Comment